If you are looking for a natural remedy to cure acne, then you should consider using tea tree oil. It is an essential oil with antibacterial properties that works almost as well as products that contain benzoyl peroxide when it comes to controlling acne outbreaks and curing it. There are many ways you can use tea tree oil for acne
1. Tea tree oil as a cleanser: You can mix drops of tea tree oil with warm water and use it to wash your face. It is a good disinfectant and using it regularly will keep acne away. If you steam your face, then adding drops of tea tree oil will disinfect your open pores and prevent accumulation of bacteria in the sebaceous gland. People who use oil cleansing method to clean their faces also find that adding a few drops of tea tree oil helps to keep the face clear and adds a delightful tingle at the end of cleansing.
2. As on spot treatment: If you are developing a pimple and you want to stop it from growing, then applying tea tree oil directly on the pimple will not only fade it, but prevent the appearance of acne scars. It also reduces inflammation and redness caused by the pimples. To increase efficiency, apply on the affected area overnight and wash the following morning.
3. As a face mask: You can use tea tree oil as a face mask to prevent acne. It can be mixed with other natural products such as honey or yoghurt which will not only control your outbreaks, but also leave you with a smooth flawless skin.
4. As a moisturizer: When combined with other natural products like extra virgin coconut oil, shea butter or aloe vera, tea tree oil acts as a very good moisturizer that prevents acne and keeps the body well moisturized.
5. Used to fade acne scars: If you have spots and scars from previous acne, you can use tea tree oil as a natural remedy to fade scars. Apply it on affected area twice a day, and you will notice a difference in the appearance of the acne scars. They will become lighter and eventually fade with time.
6. For exfoliation: You can make your own facial scrub by mixing tea tree oil, sugar and a bit of olive oil. This combination is great in removing dead skin and will leave you with a smooth skin. It is especially beneficial to those who suffer from recurrent acne and cannot use harsh and drying store bought facial scrubs
You should however be very careful when using tea tree oil for acne, especially if you have very sensitive skin, as it can irritate your skin. Always dilute it with water and test it on a patch before you use it on your whole face and body. It should also be noted that tea tree oil can be poisonous and should only be used topically. Do not take it orally and always ensure that you avoid using it on your eyes as it can be very irritating.